Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm a Proclaimer

I will walk 100 miles...and then I will walk 100 more.

I've decided on a new goal to walk/run 100 miles before the end of the year. I'm not including any traversing before I decided on this so currently I stand at 4.5 miles. I only need to average about a mile/day for the next few non winter months to make my goal which I'm confident I can do. Everything (walking, running, jogging, treadmills, ellipticals) is included in this, but I want to walk at least .5 miles to include it in my total.

I think I'll post monthly totals on here too.

On a similar topic Olaf has the Nike+ running kit thingie for his nano and it's pretty cool. Mostly because the kit keeps track of your running and updates the Nike+ website including keeping you up to date on whichever "program" you've chosen to do.

This is only for the Nano though and I already have a mini so I'm not getting another small iPod. I think it's pretty silly of Apple/Nike not expanding the user base of the kit even if the mini is a discontinued product. Supposedly one of the reasons for not supporting anything except the nano is that the other players are hard drive based, but I should be able to take the risk of my hard drive jumping up and down if I want to. Dumb.

No comments: